HISTORY celebrates life’s mavericks. HISTORY features the thrilling lives of different maverick individuals who are real, gutsy and wise – they do things their own way and forge their own paths in life. Through these characters and their experiences, HISTORY explores the past as well as the transformative events happening in the present.
- Subscribers: Approximately 5.9 million
- 7.4 Million viewers tuned in to HISTORY weekly (2+)
- #1 Entertainment Specialty network in Canada (A25-54)
- Key Programs: Vikings, The Curse of Oak Island, Alone, Forged In Fire, Pawn Stars
History viewers are more likely to:
- Love expensive sports cars (Index 130) and pay $40k+ for their most recently acquired vehicle (114)
- Have spent $1k+ on auto services in the past year (116), including brake repairs (111), muffler/exhaust replacements (107), oil changes (109), tire repairs/installments (110), tune ups (114), and wheel alignments (106)
- Purchase auto supplies (109) and tires (117)
- Ride a motorcycle (114)
- Be responsible for home improvements made to the bathroom (118), family room (115), and kitchen (116)
- Buy building/home improvement tools (121)
- Have spent $500+ on home accessories in the past year (121)
- Buy lawn mowers (146) and trimmers (163) for their lawn/garden
History.ca is the online presence of Canada’s foremost historical documentary and drama network. History.ca also offers behind-the-scenes access to filmmakers and producers, as well as interactive games and features related to on-air programming.
- 139,000 unique visitors
- 900,000 page views (16% increase YoY)
- 183,000 video segment views
History GO Mobile App
Fans can catch their favorite HISTORY programming anytime, anywhere with History Go. Authenticated viewers have access to live streaming and over 450 hours of premium content including full season stacking of fan favorites.
- History Go Apps (iOS + Android) total downloads hit 150,000 since launching in Feb 2014.
- 71% of total visitors are in the key A18-49 (Index 141) demo.
% of A18+ AMA, English Canada
Works 30+ hours/week38%
Category: Television, Digital, Mobile